사제동행

글쓴이 Joseph Yuh 교사

Joseph Yuh.jpg

“You shall have no other gods before me.” Exodus 20:3

The first of the commandments might seem selfish, and before I met Jesus, I al ways thought it was odd that God would be petty enough to have the first law be about putting Him first. I thought it was obnoxiously self-serving and self-centered. “Why would an all-powerful god demand love or be that self-centered?” was what I asked. 

Years later, I met Jesus, and I realized that the first commandment was for us.

When Jesus was asked what is the most important law, Jesus answered “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.” Matthew 22:36-40

The Pharisees and Sadducees asked for one law, yet Jesus gave them two. To Jesus, these two are intertwined and inseparable. To love God is to love your neighbors. To explain, anything can become a god in our lives. Games, money, comfort, or anything can become our gods if we come to love them more than we love God. If we come to worship something or someone other than God, we would be willing to harm others. How? Everyone was made in the image of God. Would it be thinkable to spit on our mothers’ pictures? Then how much more, if we loved God the most, would it be unthinkable to swindle, harm, hurt, or kill the images of God for money, power, or anything else? Truly I tell you, putting God first is the key to loving each other.

We all need to put God first, for it is the key to serving each other.

댓글 0

당신의 이름은 무엇입니까

길을 찾기 위해서 혹은 여행 계획을 세우면서 지도를 살펴보다 보면 이 세상에는 참 다양한 도시가 존재한다는 사실을 발견하게 됩니다. 익숙한 이름부터 시작해서 발음하기조차 어려운 곳까지 다양한 지명(地名)을 가진 곳들을 확인할 수 있습니다.     그런데 그 사실을 알고 계시나요? 어떤 도시를 이해하기 위해서는 ...

• 권소정 교사
하늘을 머리에 이고 사는 삶

분주한 하루를 보내고 집으로 돌아가는 저녁, 때로 창밖으로 보이는 풍경에 넋을 잃고 멈춰 설 때가 있습니다. 그중에서도 제가 가장 감탄하게 되는 것은 하늘의 풍경입니다. 태어나서 지금까지 늘 하늘을 보며 살아왔음에도 어느 때 어느 순간 하늘을 보면 난생처음 본 것처럼 깊은 감동과 생경함을 느낀다는 것이 신기...

• 신은정 교사
근데... 1+1 좋아하세요?

편의점에 갔는데 딱히 입맛 당기는 음료가 없을 때 1+1 음료가 무엇이 있는지 두루 살피는 버릇이 있습니다. 그래서 1+1 행사를 하는 몇 가지 음료 중에서 원하는 음료 두 개를 꺼내 들고 하나 값만 계산하며 행복하게 편의점을 나섭니다. 마트를 가거나, 백화점을 갈 때도 1+1 행사를 하는 것을 예사로 넘기지 않습니다....

• 한정훈 교사
하나님께서 예비하신 길

학생들이 도서관에서 자주 보는 책 중에 "어쩌다 중학생 같은 걸 하고 있을까?"라는 책이 있습니다. 그 책을 읽는 아이들을 보면서 “어쩌다 교사를 하고 있을까?”라는 질문을 한 적이 있습니다. 학창 시절을 함께 보낸 친구들을 오랜만에 만나면 제가 교사를 하고 있다는 이야기에 놀라는 친구들이 많습니다. “난 절대 교...

• 이항경 교사
2022학년도 중등 입학생 대표 간증

안녕하세요? 저는 2022학년도 입학생 임하경입니다. 살아가면서 우리가 가장 많이 하는 것은 어쩌면 결정입니다. 여러분, 제가 제일 못하는 것, 제가 제일 자신 없어 하며 미루는 것이 뭔지 아시나요? 그건 바로, 결정입니다. 새로남중학교를 가는 것에 관한 결정 또한 저에게는 어려웠습니다. 중요한 결정인 만큼 후회 없...

• 임하경 학생