전체메뉴

영성 · 인성 · 지성의 조화 뿐 아니라 가정 ·교회 · 학교의 연계성을 강조하는 교육을 추구합니다

저자 Andy Shin

Andy Shin.jpg

Time flies by very quickly. I feel that each day is long and never ending, but a quarter of the year has already passed. Also, it has already been 3 years since I started teaching at Saeronam Christian School. To put it into perspective, I have been a part of this school for half of its history. Just thinking about this fact surprised me greatly and made me remember the reason why I became a teacher.

Before I became a teacher, I volunteered for an English camp at my university dedicated to elementary students. When I first started, there was a 3rd grade student who couldn’t listen to the teacher’s directions well and would bother his classmates. However, when it was time for him to graduate, he had grown into a mature and responsible student. On his last day of camp, he came up to me, gave me a hug, and said how thankful he was for guiding him throughout the years. It was at this moment I realized my vision for teaching. By growing together, I wanted to see with my own eyes the children growing within God’s guidance.

As time went by, I had slowly forgotten about my reasons for teaching, but it returned during this year’s parent orientation. My co-teacher said, “like a string falling from space and entering a needle hole, the probability of our meeting here today is a miracle.” Through God’s grace, God has granted me these miracles twice. The 5th graders I met in 2017 have stayed with me until graduation and moved on to be middle school students, and the 2nd graders I met in 2016 have grown, and now, we are together again in our 5th grade class. Our relationship did not end with just one year, but just as I envisioned, I was able to personally see my students’ growth.

Time flies by very quickly. It feels like it was only yesterday when they were young, but they have grown in the blink of an eye. When I look back at our memories together, it brings me joy and happiness. When my previous students who have graduated come over to my classroom, I feel relaxed. However, the thought of not being able to spend any more time with them in the future saddens me. That is why I try to treasure the times I spend together with my students. I want to show my whole hearted love to them. Please. Love the children as much as you can now before a time comes when you are unable to. They grow up so quickly and soon will become adults, ready to dive into the world where the time we spend together grows less and less. So, treasure this moment, treasure the present, and show them your love as much as you can.

It was just before the Passover Feast. Jesus knew that the time had come for him to leave this world and go to the Father. Having loved his own who were in the world, he now showed them the full extent of his love.(john 13:1)

세월은 생각보다 빨리 지나갑니다. 하루가 느리게 간다는 생각이 자주 들지만, 어느덧 한 해의 4분의 1이 지났습니다. 또한, 제가 새로남기독학교에서 근무를 시작한 지도 3년이 지나 올해 4년 차가 되었습니다. 새로남기독학교 역사의 절반을 함께하였다는 사실이 놀랍게 느껴지면서 처음 교사가 되었을 때의 계기가 마음에 다시 떠오릅니다.

교사가 되기 전 대학교에서 초등영어캠프를 섬기는 경험을 했습니다. 처음 봉사를 시작했을 때 아이들 가운데는 선생님의 말씀을 경청하지 못하고 다른 친구들을 괴롭히던 3학년 아이가 있었습니다. 하지만 그 아이가 초등학교를 졸업할 때쯤에는 의젓해지고 책임감 있는 아이로 성장해서 캠프 마지막 날에 저에게 다가와 껴안으며 그동안 감사했다고 작별 인사를 했습니다. 그 순간 교사에 대한 비전을 갖게 되었고 아이들이 하나님의 인도하심 안에서 성장하는 모습을 보고 그들과 함께할 수 있기를 소망하였습니다.

시간이 지나면서 제가 가졌던 소망이 점점 잊히고 있을 때, 학부모 오리엔테이션 시간에 코티처가 ‘실밥이 우주에서 떨어져 바늘구멍으로 들어가는 확률처럼 우리의 만남은 기적과 같다’라고 한 말이 내 기억에서 그 소망을 다시 떠올리게 해 주었습니다. 하나님은 저에게 하나님의 은혜로 이러한 기적을 두 번이나 허락하셨습니다. 2017년에 만났던 5학년 아이들은 졸업까지 저와 함께 지내며 어느덧 중학생들이 되었고, 2016년에 만났던 2학년 아이들은 어느덧 5학년이 되어 같은 반에서 지내고 있습니다. 한 학년만으로 끝나는 것이 아니라 제가 소망했던 것처럼 아이들이 성장하는 모습을 계속 지켜보게 된 것입니다.

세월은 생각보다 빨리 지나갑니다. 아이들이 어렸을 때가 엊그제 같지만, 모르는 사이에 많이 컸습니다. 함께 했던 추억들을 돌아보면 기쁘고 행복합니다. 중학생이 된 아이들이 교실로 놀러 올 때면 마음이 푸근해집니다. 하지만 이 시간조차도 얼마 남지 않았다는 것을 생각하면 슬퍼지기도 합니다. 그래서 저는 지금 아이들과 함께하는 시간을 아낍니다. 그들에게 끊임없는 사랑을 보여주고 싶습니다. 이 글을 읽으시는 분들도 지금의 아이들에게 매 순간 사랑을 보여주셨으면 합니다. 우리가 현재를 아껴야 하는 이유는 어느덧 세월이 흘러 아이들은 어른이 되고 함께 있을 시간이 더는 찾아오지 않을 수도 있기 때문입니다.

“유월절 전에 예수께서 자기가 세상을 떠나 아버지께로 돌아가실 때가 이른 줄 아시고 세상에 있는 자기 사람들을 사랑하시되 끝까지 사랑하시니라(요13:1)”

댓글

사랑합니다 N

“사랑합니다.” 우리학교의 인사말이지만 진심을 다해 사랑한다고 말하지 못한적도 있었습니다. 그래서 이 자리에서 선생님들께 마음을 담아 인사를 드립니다. “선생님, 진심으로 사랑합니다. 감사합니다.” 선생님, 저희에게 많은 것을 가르쳐주시며 한명 한명 고민과 생활에 관심을 쏟아주시고 기...

번호 87 저자 이루다 학생 등록일 2019.05.20

매일 경험하는 감사의 마음을 담은 편지 N

새로남기독학교의 든든한 그루터기가 되어주시는 선생님들께, 2019년 스승의 날을 맞이하여 매일 경험하는 감사의 마음을 이 편지에 담아 전하려고 합니다. 언제 어디서나 항상 반갑고 따뜻한 미소로 저희를 반겨 주시는 선생님. 때론 개구지고 말썽을 부리기도 하지만 그럼에도 불구하고 항상 우리를 품어주시는 쉼터와 같...

번호 86 저자 김민주 학생 등록일 2019.05.20

The love of full extent(끝까지 사랑)

Time flies by very quickly. I feel that each day is long and never ending, but a quarter of the year has already passed. Also, it has already been 3 years since I started teaching at Saeronam Christian School. To put it into perspective, I have been a part of this school for half of its history. Jus...

번호 » 저자 Andy Shin 등록일 2019.04.25

Let Us Rejoice!

“Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here: For He is risen." -Matthew 28:6 Jesus Christ is not here for He is risen. In Matthew’s Gospel, we read how an angel appeared to the women early morning. The angel explains to them that Jesus ...

번호 84 저자 Mr. Daniel Ko 등록일 2019.04.09

더욱 사랑, 더욱 사랑

출근길 학교 앞, 승용차에서 작은 아이가 내립니다. 우리 학교 아이인가보다, 하고 지나치려는데 우렁차게 소리를 지르며 저의 품으로 뛰어와 안깁니다. “선생님~! 안녕하세요!” 속이 다 보이는 투명한 눈을 동그랗게 뜨고 활짝 웃으면서, 자기 주머니에 있는 과자를 제 주머니 속으로 넣습니다. “이거 ...

번호 83 저자 이다인 교사 등록일 2019.03.28